- Public opinion is split on the fight between President Trump and the NFL, with just over one-third approving of the NFL’s response. However, the majority of Americans do not believe players should be fired for protesting.
- These sentiments vary widely by political persuasion, with Republicans much less supportive of the NFL and much more supportive of the idea of firing players for protesting.
- The conversation on social media is mostly negative; 76% of conversations are negative, and
67% are a call to action against the NFL.
- Distribution of social media around #BoycottNFL is substantially grassroots.
- However, 12.5% of all activity comes from suspected ‘bot’ accounts.
What Public Opinion Says
What Social Media is Saying
To read more results from this survey, please click here.